1½ pounds of french bread (fresh)
4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
3 ¾ cups of milk
1 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of Cointreau or Don Q Coconut or warm water
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract (I prefer white vanilla but you can use black)
¾ cup of mixed raisins (I recommend the ones from California)
A pinch of salt (like ½ teaspoon)
3 whole eggs
1. Take off all the bread crust, cut the bread in small pieces and put it in a deep bowl along with the milk ... using a fork or a spatula, break off all the bread until it dissolves in the milk.
2. Then add the butter, sugar, vanilla, salt and raisins and stir to get the sugar disolved.
3. Add the eggs one at a time in order to have them well mixed.
4. When everything is well mixed … let’s get the pudding drunk with the orange liqueur (Cointreau), stir all together and pour the mixture into the baking dish.
5. Bake at 375⁰F for 75 minutes or until there are no moist areas on the pudding surface.
Oster Ice Shaving Blender